Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 10:02:08 -700
From: Walter Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: will someone remind me why....

Heimo:

     The text you quoted from me applies to NON-PPP connections. The 
scenario would be that the user dials up their ISP to conduct online 
business with their ISP -- not the INTERNET -- from within, for 
example, a shell account. In this context, an 8-bit connection and 
8-bit file transfers -- an absolute necessity for the proper 
functioning of DSZ and Zmodem -- are possible. I have no hope or 
vision for DSZ managing to properly conduct a Zmodem file transfer 
over the INTERNET under a PPP connection. Some say it can be done. I'd 
have to see it in person to believe it.

                   Walter Scott

   On 2000-11-05 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
   and the Net-Tamer List:

 ::>Walter - if this would work:
 ::>> use Zmodem at the same time Net-Tamer is loaded and connected to
 ::>>an ISP,  you *MIGHT* -- and note that I emphasize the word
 ::>>"*MIGHT*" -- be able to  run Chuck Forsberg's DSZ.COM or DSZ.EXE
 ::>>in Net-Tamer's DOS Shell. I've  never tried this myself. So, I
 ::>>don't know how it would go.
 ::>-- then you could indeed use any socket client in DOS (say, Lynx or
 ::>whatever), as DSZ is such, with Nettamer.  I did experiment with
 ::>this quite a bit earlier and never had success.
 
[[[[[ News & Views 24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week. That's The Net ]]]]]

Net-Tamer V 1.08X - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to