Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 00:13:26
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: will someone remind me why....

Walter - if this would work:

> use Zmodem at the same time Net-Tamer is loaded and connected to an ISP,
> you *MIGHT* -- and note that I emphasize the word "*MIGHT*" -- be able to
> run Chuck Forsberg's DSZ.COM or DSZ.EXE in Net-Tamer's DOS Shell. I've
> never tried this myself. So, I don't know how it would go.

-- then you could indeed use any socket client in DOS (say, Lynx or
whatever), as DSZ is such, with Nettamer.  I did experiment with this
quite a bit earlier and never had success.

(A pity, because Nettamer's socket is really good; and it's its other
parts, especially the Reader.exe which make life with it difficult. A
very long time ago David Colston aired on this list that he would make
the PPP socket perhaps available if there was interest for it - there
was, and I suspect there still is quite substantially: The only and
single alternative is DOSPPPD which is not developed any more for the
last three years, and there have been changes in the standards since.)

//  Heimo Claasen  // < hammer at inti dot be > // Brussels  2000-11-04
The WebPlace of ReRead - and much to read ==> http://www.inti.be/hammer



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to