Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:37:49 +0400
From: Samuel Heywood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Browsers
On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 16:36:19 -0500, Nettamer List wrote:
> Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 20:36:47 0
> From: John Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Browsers.
<snip>
> I read somewhere recently that pending US legislation will make it
> mandatory for all US based website pages to be available in "high
> contrast" format for increased user accessibility. I'm not sure what
> such a page is technically - anyone know?
Hello John:
I have not heard of any such pending US legislation. Such a law, if
enacted, would probably be nullified by the courts on the grounds
that it would inhibit freedom of speech. Civil libertarians would argue
that our 1st Ammendment rights give everyone the right to express any
kind of crazy opinion, and that artists have the right to paint with
whatever colors they like regardless of how ugly the combination looks
to some of us, even if an overwhelming majority should agree that the
colors are very poorly chosen. I also have experienced many problems in
attempting to read web pages where there is insufficient contrast
between font colors and background color; however, I support the right
of web designers to create ugly looking pages. Also I support everyone's
right to disagree with me and to disagree with you.
Regards,
Sam Heywood
--
NTReader v0.32w(O)/Beta (UNREGISTERED) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************