Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:00:03 0
From: John Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Browsers

Hi Heimo, Sam and Ronald

He>Though to be able to do something with it, it would be necessary to
He>have it a bit more precisely (source, date).

AFAI can recall I read it in the Online section of last Thursday's
(London) Guardian.

He>I suspect too that the formulation of "US based" wasn't like that
He>in the source; rather and probably, it meant webpages made and
He>maintained with  gvt instances/ public budget financing.

If my free net access was still available I'd check out their site to
be sure ;-)

Sa>...Such a law, if
Sa>enacted, would probably be nullified by the courts on the grounds
Sa>that it would inhibit freedom of speech.  Civil libertarians would
Sa>argue that our 1st Amendment rights give everyone the right to
Sa>express any kind of crazy opinion...

Ro>I doubt that the law would require that the web sites have _only_
Ro>"high contrast" format.  Rather, I suspect the law would require that
Ro>website pages be offered in both standard and an _alternate_ "high
Ro>contrast" format...

Sorry for the confusion but I forgot to mention that the report said that
a "high contrast" page version should *also* be available.

Regards

jaygee



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to