Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:51:39 +500
From: Karen Lewellen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: is thee a way, and where?
hi folks,
thanks ron i got ss30 with no problem, have not read the other ideas as of
yet, but reading through my mail makes me wish dave had included an html
filter, something that could remove the extra gook and make reading just the
text a breeze?
karen l
On 2001-06-23 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>CC: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>X-UIDL: &G&!!=A#"!MCM!!agk"!
>Status: RO
>On 2001-06-23 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>>Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 15:06:38 +500
>>hi folks,
>>i am wondering if there is a way to quote mesages with no character
>>at all?
>>i have times when i wish to send an email to another mail address
>>that i can access with lynx. at this point i can folow the link to
>>the source of the information i am wanting. sometimes, however,
>>the <> or whatever character nettamer inserts when qoating a
>>message interfears, is there a way around this?
>I fiddled with this a little just now and couldn't find a way to
>insert a null or a space. You can insert one of the suggested
>characters other than the ">" default, but you can't avoid having
>something inserted into the message. If you want to get rid of the
>quotes character, the only way I've found is to use my editor to
>mark the column and delete it. That works _if_ your editor offers
>that feature.
>An alternative to simply replying and quoting is to first save the
>incoming message to a disk file and _then_ replying _without_
>quoting the message. When your reply is opened in your editor,
>import the saved file containing the message you are replying to.
>There won't be any quote characters. This is easy to do when you
>have Qedit or a similar editor as your editor in Net-Tamer. As I
>recall, you can also insert a file when you use RED.COM as your
>editor.
>>also,
>>due to some hd problems, ineed to get a spell checker for nt.
>>previously i would get them from the rainbow site in delephi, but
>>this is no more. where might i find the utility now?
>>thanks,
>Here's a URL for ShareSpell ver. 3.0:
>Download Options (Lynx Version 2.8.4dev.14)
>Downloaded link: ftp://ftp.simtel.net/simtelnet/msdos/txtutl/ss30.
>zip Suggested file name: ss30.zip
>Note that I used Lynx to get the file and I saved this information
>on the URL directly from Lynx. You say you have Lynx, so you
>should be able to get ShareSpell easily the way I did. Simply put
>the link exactly as shown in the "URL to open:" field at the bottom
>of the screen in Lynx. Press "G" and enter the URL by hand. If
>you just enter "ftp://ftp.simtel.net" by itself, you can work your
>way to the directory where ss30.zip is stored, but it will take a
>little longer.
>The reason I looked first for ShareSpell is that I know it works
>with Net-Tamer and that this version is the one I use. Qedit also
>has a spelling checker included in its later versions.
>Perhaps someone will have a location for GDSPELL or one of the other
>spelling checkers that used to be available on various sites.
>Ronald Dailey
>--
>RCD
>Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered
make your own kind of music!
Karen Lewellen, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Net-Tamer V 1.12.0 - Test Drive
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************