Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 09:45:10 -0700
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: is thee a way, and where?

On 2001-07-23 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 01:13:54 -0400 (EDT)
   >hi,
   >mind if i ask for a few more details as to the kill
   >file program before i get excited?
   >it sounds like i would have to read the entire mail.dlu file
   >through it first then sort the messages?
   >karen l

I use _killfile_ (I registered it) and it works that way.  I use the 
supplied batch files to automate the process.  I don't run it every 
time, however.  I only do it for those times when I think I will have a 
lot of junk, such as in downloading "alt.comp.virus" newsgroup which has 
lately contained many garbage messages posted by various internet worms.  
I have found that killfile can be useful for killing ads in your mail, 
too, and have it set up to catch all the ads that I foolishly allowed by 
entering one of those on-line contests one time <g>.

What's nice about _killfile_ is that you can run it or not, depending on 
the number of messages in your mail or usenet download.  That way, if 
you really want to see those garbage messages or posts, you can.  Many 
news and mail readers will filter every time once filtering is enabled 
and you can't turn the filtering off so easily.

BTW, Tom was kind enough to give me a special version of _killfile_ that 
would work with DRDOS in addition to MSDOS.  

Ronald Dailey


-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to