Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 07:54:03 -0700
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: jude?

On 2001-08-14 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

   >>employing their java  standard in the nettamer web browser.  We
   >>may need to take up a collection  for the nettamer legal defense
   >>fund if that happens.  I strongly suspect if  nettamer@nettamer.
   >net ever had a serious look at java, he'd be on the phone  to Sun
   >for the next 72 hours telling them how they screwed it up and how
   >to  fix all of it. I don't think any browser developer correctly
   >employs all of Sun's standards for JavaScript.  As long as the
   >developer doesn't falsely claim that his browser adheres to all the
   >standards I don't think he will be the target of a lawsuit.
   >MicroSoft lost a lawsuit brought by Sun because of the false claims.
   >MicroSoft knowingly made false claims to the effect that they
   >supported all of Sun's standards. Regards,
   >Sam Heywood

It's interesting that JavaScript was actually developed at Netscape 
after Sun introduced Java.  JavaScript doesn't require Java itself.  
However, Sun was happy to join with Netscape in promoting JavaScript as 
a good "fit" with Java.  They made the joint announcement of JavaScript 
on December 4, 1995.  I think the only thing Sun had to do with the 
development JavaScript was to approve was the use of "Java" in the name 
<g>.  They _did_ register it as their trademark.

In any case, I have a feeling that neither Java nor JavaScript will ever 
be a part of Net-Tamer.

Ronald Dailey


-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to