Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 05:06:48 -0700
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: jude?
On 2001-08-13 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>necessary. This thread brings up another couple questions. First,
>is it possible to use that mail killer program to filter out html
>messages before they cause these problems? Would have to be a
>search done on message bodies to get this done and a very simple
>one at that. I figure search or (</) in the message body and if
>found wipe the message before reading. This next situation is a
>web situation. Would any of you who have the time go on over to
I think that could be done with KILLFILE. I use KILLFILE and I know it
can look for _any_ text string and kill all messages containing the
string. However, I wouldn't be able to use that trick myself because
I'm subscribed to a mailing list in which a lot of the messages contain
html. I live with that because I can usually read the text above the
part that contains html. If I used KILLFILE on those messages, they'd
all be gone.
On the other hand, I subscribe to alt.comp.virus newsgroup and use
KILLFILE to kill messages that have certain addresses in the header.
Many spam messages containing html can be killed that way by identifying
the sender and including that e-mail address in the .dat file for
KILLFILE. Or, lacking a consistent address, you can kill based on text
such as "CASH" or "$$$" for some messages offering easy ways to earn
money at home. You just have to include enough variants to catch the
ones that offend you. I'm pretty sure you can find something else about
the messages full of html that you could identify for killfile purposes.
Ronald Dailey
--
RCD
Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************