Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:53:25 -0700
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: More on Nettamer not connecting to Mindspring Louisville POP

On 2001-09-28 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:


I don't have Mindspring, so don't know whether what I offer will help, 
but I was experiencing some problems connecting to my ISP a while back.  
The standard SERVICE1.LOG has Net-Tamer _delay_ briefly and then go 
straight to PPP:

DELAY 10
PPP

My ISP changed something about the way their dialup servers worked and 
it was rejecting logon with the standard SERVICE1.LOG shown above.

I then changed my LOG file to have Net-Tamer wait for a character that 
would indicate the start of PPP by the ISP _before_ sending anything.  
Here's the altered SERVICE1.LOG I now use:

WAIT }
PPP

This is working for me with my ISP.

While this is unlikely to be the same issue as you have with Mindspring, 
it won't take you long to test it out.  Just save your current 
SERVICE1.LOG file under another name and then edit the file to use the 
format I have been using and see what happens.  The worst that can 
happen is that it doesn't work. 

   >Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:49:30 -0700
   >Several days ago I wrote about a problem I had with Nettamer
   >crashing when I tried connecting to the Mindspring Louisville POP.
   >After sending David my packet.cap file he explained that for
   >whatever reason the Louisville POP was using Internet Group
   >Management Protocol which he says is not the RFC standard.

Ronald Dailey



-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to