Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 01:56:43 -0500
From: "Samuel W. Heywood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Modem work with one ISP

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 06:51:06 00 renaldo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have never heard of any such kind of modem as yours,
but I do know that it would certainly be possible for
a manufacturer to produce such a type by special
contract with the ISP.  I don't think you will be able
to find anyone that will give away any trade secrets
about the way it is wired.  The settings might be
hard-wired into the circuit board.  In this case it will
likely be unfeasible to mess with it unless you really
know what you are doing and you think it is really worth
your time to fix it.  There might be a bank of DIP
switches inside the modem and there might be some
printing on the circuit board that might give you some
clues.  Without any clue you won't know what to do.
Even with a few clues you might have to do a lot of
guesswork and then go figure.  I don't think we can help
you on this one.  Sorry.

Regards,

Sam Heywood

> Hello Friends,
> This is a factory set modem and will work for one ISP only.
> Can I change a chip in it or is there a way I can trick the modem to think
> it is connected to the dedicated ISP?
> Regards
> Renaldo.

-- This mail was written by user of The Arachne Browser - http://arachne.cz/



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to