Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:34:11 -0700
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: error 5?


Regarding the "bad character" in the explanation of Error 5, that refers 
to having a "bad character" in a filename.  That's not likely to be the 
problem in most cases anyway because you only _name_ the files in usenet 
setup when you select usenet groups to gather and Net-Tamer asks what 
you want to name the .dlu to which it saves them.  The mail.dlu is a 
default name and you don't get to change that within Net-Tamer.  

If Net-Tamer won't load a .dlu, then the only way you can look at it is 
with some other program _outside_ of Net-Tamer.  I use LIST by Vernon 
Buerg for looking at most files because it has both text and binary 
viewing and can handle large files without complaining.  How well LIST 
would work with screen readers, I don't know.  

Ronald Dailey

On 2002-02-23 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:20:56 +700
   >And to add to Karen's question, how do you fix it? It says that
   >there is either a conflict with your monitor, or there's a bad
   >character in a file. How do you change the file to get the bad
   >character out or correct it? I tried changing the name, and I
   >can't find what's wrong. It's a .dlu file.I can't bring it up.
   >Bonnie

-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to