On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 09:39:07 -0500, JoeHill wrote:

> Okay, I've given up on Cedega.

I have a vague memory of you doing that a long time ago--like,
pre-"cedega".

> I should have listened to the  people at linuxgamers.net, it's
> a piece of crap.

Ya, you should have. Dumbass.

> Anyone who has been down this path (in particular if you've
> gotten HL2 to work), please let me know if there's anything I
> should watch out for before I go in head first, or if there
> was some resource that helped you get it going.

A resource? Ya, it's called Windows XP ;-) I have it installed
on my machine for one purpose, and one purpose alone: Half-Life
2 (which I got on eBay for $10--yipee!). My rule of thumb is, if
it doesn't have a Linux binary a la UT and id games, then it's
too difficult to make it work right in Linux.

Ironically, HL2 has been sitting--unused--on my desk for
almost two months, now. (Yes, I'm a dumbass, too.)

Miark
Want to buy your Pack or Services from Mandriva?
Go to http://store.mandriva.com
Join the Club : http://www.mandrivaclub.com