RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the fans forum, and more,
check out the website at http://www.rednews.co.uk

[14] Giggs gutted
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 4, 2002 by bar-knee:
A clearly annoyed and upset Gigg was interviewed on MUTV last night - looking gutted
about the Bayer elimination. Amongst the many things he said was that only "Keany"
deserved to go through as all the other players "didn't play to their capabilities".
The players have to work out why that is.

---------------------------------
[13] More Neville - United first
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 4, 2002 by bar-knee:
“I sat down with the doctors and went through the best and worst-case scenarios.
Playing in the World Cup finals is one of the biggest honours any footballer can have,
but I couldn’t justify the risks. I was told that the consequences of refracturing the
foot could be serious and affect me for months and even most of next season. I have to
consider my long-term health and future. I was advised that it would be more realistic
to try to be fit for the beginning of next season because the break is not
run-of-the-mill.  It is a huge disappointment, but I didn’t want it to drag on and
make life difficult for the manager and I have to do the right thing for myself and
United.”

---------------------------------
[12] Bayer boss gets summer offer
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 4, 2002 by bar-knee:
Klaus Toppmoeller offered to manage Nigeria in the World Cup after knocking us out

"It's true and I haven't booked a holiday yet. But it would be difficult to take on
this task because we [Leverkusen] will be playing until May 15. But I will talk with
the gentlemen from the Nigerian Football Association again."

---------------------------------
[11] FIFA in turmoil
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 4, 2002 by bar-knee:
>From the Telegraph

'SEPP BLATTER yesterday rejected a call by several of his vice-presidents to resign as
FIFA president following detailed evidence presented by his own general secretary,
Michel Zen Ruffinen, that he had allegedly made improper use of FIFA funds and
violated FIFA rules and regulations during his four years in the post.'

---------------------------------
[10] If you are having a bet today
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 4, 2002 by bar-knee:
On the Cup Final (and how you wish we'd have looked more up for it against Boro and
had something to go for today), then use our betting partners, Sporting Odds (link
below) which helps the cause.

---------------------------------
[9] United supporters 5-a-side tournament
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 4, 2002 by bar-knee:
EUROWORLD TRAVEL

2nd Annual Manchester United Supporters 5 a'side Tournament
to be held once again at 'Blackpool'
Saturday 6th July
£75 per team

for an application form please call 01253 300250 or e'mail
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---------------------------------
[8] Irwin wants to stop Arsenal
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 4, 2002 by bar-knee:
"We have Arsenal coming next Wednesday so we will be ready for that. Arsenal here is a
big, big game for us. We want to win that and make them have to win their last game at
home. That's all we can do. We don't want them to win the title at Old Trafford."

---------------------------------
[7] More from Gary Nev
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 4, 2002 by bar-knee:
 "I have had a long conversation with the club doctor and surgeon and decided that I
will not be fit for the finals. I was holding out some hope but having discussed it
with the people at the club I know I will not get back by June...so I just want to
concentrate on not missing any of next season."

---------------------------------
[6] Henry on us and Wenger
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 4, 2002 by bar-knee:
"Now, we are in such a strong position. United, Liverpool and Newcastle have been
tremendous. We have 81 points but we are still not champions. It is not just us. The
four teams have made the league enjoyable. But we are close and it will be a triumph
for everyone, particularly Arsene Wenger. He doesn't show his emotions at all. I think
there are a lot of emotions inside there, I really do. But he doesn't show it. Not to
the fans or even the team. But that is good for us. It doesn't put pressure on us."

---------------------------------
[5] Henry confident
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 4, 2002 by bar-knee:
"So, I am desperate to win both the cup and the title. The confidence is so good at
Arsenal at the moment but we have not achieved anything yet. The title is not far off,
of course. If you do not have big confidence now, then we will never have it. We may
as well stop playing football. We are in the FA Cup final and are five points clear of
Manchester United. We would have settled for this at the start of the season."

---------------------------------
[4] Moments of the season
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 4, 2002 by bar-knee:
Well it’s been the most ‘interesting’ season for a while. Fergie’s going and  we’re
witnessing the crumbling of an empire (© Mirror - w***ers).  Fergie  staying and we’re
looking at a good few seasons to come - being red, fantastic.

Villa Park has to be one of the best days. A good craic, seven hours  drinking and
then a win in the way only United can, also deliberately  getting in front of the
dibble with the video camera when filming those on  the pitch didn’t please him too
much, arf!

Constant source of annoyance for me and for many reds this year has to been  the
amount of kn*bs following United in Europe these days. Just what these clueless little
w***ers were doing in the middle of Oporto,  singing “if it wasn’t for the English
you’d be Krauts” is anyone’s guess.

Judging  by the “4-4-2” chants in Nantes, I realise that these most knowledgeable of
footballing brains are probably a dab hand when it comes to Championship  manager on
their PC, however can they take their extensive football  knowledge and trophy haul to
the United board along with their CV and get Mr
Ferguson out of a job as it is clear he’s been wrong all this time; failing  that can
we strangle these f***ers with their flags so we don’t have to see or hear them again.

Andrew

Shouting at Karembou to " F**k of back to Milli Vanilli, you cheating c**t!!" Which
dark recess of my addled mind that came from I will never know!

Arsenal away in the Worthless. Forget the scoreline, Our kids did us proud as did the
assembled Red Army.

The Brummie Reds (You know who you are!!)

Ruud

p.s. Winning the league on the last day on goal difference (Fingers crossed anyway )

Nashy

---------------------------------
[3] Di Canio interest reignited?
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 4, 2002 by bar-knee:
According to the Mirror, Fergie will again try for Di Canio.

---------------------------------
[2] gary Nev on World Cup heartbreak
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 4, 2002 by bar-knee:
"I've decided I won't be fit in time to play in the first game in June. I've spoken to
Sven-Goran Eriksson and obviously I'm disappointed. But it's something I've come to
terms with pretty quickly after last week after getting the injury. It's something I
can't do anything about and it is a big disappointment. But the most important thing
for me is to be fit for Manchester United for the start of next season."

Gary Neville is a Red...

---------------------------------
[1] new Red News out on Wednesday
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 4, 2002 by bar-knee:
Our end of season special is out on Wednesday, just £2. The print run is low because
we've got just two games to sell it at - so help the cause and bag a copy. Thanks.

---------------------------------
[42] New Red News out on Wednesday
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 3, 2002 by bar-knee:
Remember the Red News end of season special is out on Wednesday. Just £2 - three euro
aways reviewed (inlcuding a report from one of the lads detained in Cologne after the
game and his complaints of the treatment received by innocent Reds), an interview with
a player, end of season review, exclusive gossip and much, much more. Help the Red
News cause and buy the end of season special.

---------------------------------
[41] American Tour
Posted Friday, May 3, 2002 by bar-knee:
We're making tentative plans for a few of the RN lads to go to the American Tour next
summer. Just a few of us travelling around, living it up. If you're interested contact
us.

[40] FA on Becks
Posted Friday, May 3, 2002 by bar-knee: