RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the fans forum, and more,
check out the website at http://www.rednews.co.uk

[15] carrington busy
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, July 8, 2002 by bar-knee:
We knew that Ruud was starting pre-season training early to work on his fitness
levels, teamtalk reports that Keane started last week and many of the squad (WC
players excepted) return today. All return by July 20.

---------------------------------
[14] Red News summer offer
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, July 8, 2002 by bar-knee:
Red News published 9 issues last season, of which we have limited stocks of 8 still
available. As a special offer you can purchase ALL eight issues together with a FREE
copy of Red News' book celebrating the Nou Camp triumph in 1999 - European Glory - all
for the bargain price of just £13.50 including postage and packing. This is a must
have offer so go on!

8 issues + book for £13.50 inc p&p in the UK
8 issues + book for £16 inc p&p in Europe and rest of the world.

Send your order by cheque, made payable to Red News, to Red News, P.O.Box 176,
Manchester, M16 8LG or you can now order by credit card. click on

card payment, ordering online from wherever you live in the world, getting the mag to
your door.

To order the 10 issue sub to be sent to a UK address click on

To order the 10 issue sub to be sent to an address in the rest of the world click on

And those philanthropists out there can help with our costs by making an online
donation via paypal. Doesn't matter how small the amount is, every bit helps with the
costs of the site - thanks. click on.

---------------------------------
[12] cuddly Pete denies Veron move quotes
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, July 8, 2002 by bar-knee:
"The quotes are total fiction.  I haven't spoken to anyone in Italy and I don't know
where the quotes have come from."

---------------------------------
[11] Villa in for Yorke
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, July 8, 2002 by bar-knee:
If fee drops apparently.

---------------------------------
[10] More Rio hints
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, July 8, 2002 by bar-knee:
Roberto Ayala

"I know that Leeds have made an offer for me and I would very much like to play in
England. It's a league I really like, and there are lots of good players. I am very
comfortable in Valencia but it is up to the board members to decide if they want to
keep me"

Rio out, Ayala in for the sheep?

---------------------------------
[9] Rio moves
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, July 8, 2002 by bar-knee:
Although El Til has made keeping Rio one of his priorities at the start Ridsdale is
meeting Pini Zahavi, Ferdinand’s agent this week for 'talks'.

---------------------------------
[8] El Til on Leeds offer
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, July 8, 2002 by bar-knee:
"It has all happened so quickly. I had a call from Leeds at my home in Spain last
Friday night when I was told they wanted to meet me. They came out to see me on
Saturday when I met the chairman. We had two hours of talks and it was agreed I would
become manager of Leeds United. I had to wait until this morning for an announcement
confirming the appointment to be made official through the London Stock Exchange. The
whole business had been conducted like a whirlwind. It was irresistible. That's how it
has seemed to me. I can hardly believe it has been finalised so quickly. If people are
surprised about it then no more than myself. I simply didn't anticipate this outcome.
I honestly felt I'd had enough of it all after Middlesbrough and that is why I was
concentrating more and more on other aspects of my life. I loved television and my
relationship with ITV has been fantastic. Without their help there is no way this
could have been achieved."

---------------------------------
[7] More Thuram talk
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, July 8, 2002 by bar-knee:
His agent Fabio Parisi,

"The possibility of Thuram going to Milan is very small. Juventus only bought him last
year and they are yet to purchase any highly
talented defenders for this season. Therefore, they will not give up a  champion
defender like Lilian. If Lilian was to leave, the most likely destination will be
Manchester  United, if Rio Ferdinand does not arrive first that is."

---------------------------------
[6] Transfer delay
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, July 8, 2002 by bar-knee:
Cuddly Pete was heard to tell some Reds last week that he reckons United will be one
of the few Premiership clubs to spend big this summer and because many clubs will be
holding back on big buys it is giving us extra time to go for our signings, hence no
immediate moves straight after the World Cup.

---------------------------------
[5] Phoney bid?
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, July 8, 2002 by bar-knee:
Guardian reports that Wenger is keen to join Rio race, or is it just a way to push up
the price?

---------------------------------
[4] Another target could be moving
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, July 8, 2002 by Stalker:
Ronaldiniho could be leaving France according to reports in Italy.

Inter Milan are in pole position to sign the Brazilian,however Juventus and Manchester
United have also shown interest for the 22-year-old, but President Massimo Moratti
appears to have the upper hand due to the presence of Brazil teammate Ronaldo.
His club PSG have reportedly placed him on the transfer market for
£30m.

---------------------------------
[3] More Veron talk
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, July 8, 2002 by Stalker:
>From football Italia

Juan Sebastian Veron himself has dismissed rumours over a move back to Lazio saying he
still loves Manchester United. “For me to be blamed for the lack of success is a joke.
I had to struggle on with injuries and was only 70 per cent fit. I accept speculation
is part of the beautiful game. But, I repeat, I am a Manchester United player as long
as they require my services,” he said

---------------------------------
[2] Thuram move in the air
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, July 8, 2002 by Stalker:
Reports from Italy suggest that Lilian Thuram's proposed move to AC Milan has
collapsed.His agent also said."If Lilian does leave Turin then the most probable
destination would be Manchester United, but that is only if United don't sign Rio
Ferdinand from Leeds."

[1] New Leeds boss is
Posted Monday, July 8, 2002 by Stalker:
Terry Venables.

This email has been filtered for swear words which cause some email systems to block
messages.