I live in a hot climate and have used standard Castrol motor oil in all my bikes. Honda recommends 20/50 for my climate and that is what I have used for many trouble free years. I am an engineer so I pay attention to chemical composition and those classifications SF, SG etc. I have researched this issue all over the internet with regard to my truck, motorcycle and out board motors. What I have learned is if you change your oil as called for with a quality oil you will not have an oil related problem. Grampa was right. When it comes to two stroke oil that is not the case as the oil lubricates the engine and then is burned. The cheaper 2 stroke oils do not have the addatives that the Manufacture oils do to help lubricate the engine while not causing carbon build up.
The proof is on the air waves. In an attempt to boost sales in a bad economy Valvoline is offering a 300,000 mile guarantee if you register with less than 75k miles. I am quite sure their risk management staff and bean counters did the math before they made that guarantee. Save your money, standard oil will do just fine. On Jun 12, 3:36 pm, wrenchman <[email protected]> wrote: > ngk plugs and either castrol 4T , amsoil , or motorex would be best > for any bike > follow the weight recomendation from honda and youll never have any > trouble > also change your oil according to your riding style, paw-paws can go > 3000 , hot rodders and hard riders (heavy traffic or heavy throttle) > should go 2000-2500 and you can buy the oils and filters at oreily > auto parts or any parts store that carries WIX filters --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
