I would go with HRM's suggestion:  motorcycle oil in da moto.  Someone else 
talked about all the additives in car-specific oil that are friction modifiers 
which can cause the clutch to slip.  And I, of course, prefer Amsoil motorcycle 
oil.
Clutch was slipping in my 250 and I thought it was because of the  mileage.
Good Pennzoil car oil wuz da culprit.  I used it for a year and had not changed 
over to motorcycle specific, except once, when I used the expensive Honda oil.  
That made a difference.  No modifiers...
 
Stanley




________________________________
From: surfswab <[email protected]>
To: Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers! <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 10:49:10 PM
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Is it mandatory to use cycle oil? I heard it 
was specially formulated. Also looking for a spark plug brand to use


Discussions about motor oil rank right up there with politics and
religion.  Everybody's got an opinion and they all stink.

Honda specifies "Honda 4-stroke oil or equivalent, API Service
Classification: SF or SG, viscosity SAE 10w-40."  No mention of
motorcycle-specific oil or synthetics.

I follow granddad's mantra -- use regular oil and change it every
3,000 miles or 3 months whichever comes first.  I'm a grandad now,
too, and neither of us has ever had an oil-related engine failure.

So you can take that for whatever you reckon it's worth;








      
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to