Y'know Stanley has to put in his word - Amsoil specifically for motorcycles is 
going to be better than Mobil 1, its closest competitor.
But what HRM said is true: motorcycle oil is best for motorcycles.
 
Stanley




________________________________
From: NytWing <[email protected]>
To: Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers! <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 9:20:18 AM
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Is it mandatory to use cycle oil? I heard it 
was specially formulated. Also looking for a spark plug brand to use


This is always fun...  I tried regular automotive oil in an 82
Kawasaki KZ550 I had.  Worked will at first but after about 700-800
miles, the clutch started slipping (a little).  Changed to a good
synthetic made for mototcycles right away and never had another
problem with it...  I'm with HRM, motorcycle oil only!!!

On Jun 12, 8:46 am, "Creative Residential Designs"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> The new automotive oils are the culprits. Back in the day there weren't all 
> of these additives so there wasn't the difference there is today. Automotive 
> technology from 20 years ago to today has advanced as much as from the 
> invention of the automobile up to 20 years ago. The oils have advanced too.
> ( Did that make sense? More coffee.....).
>
>
>
>   ----- Original Message -----
>   From: Graham Rogers
>   To: [email protected]
>   Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 7:08 AM
>   Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Is it mandatory to use cycle oil? I heard 
> it was specially formulated. Also looking for a spark plug brand to use
>
>   Is there an age cut off for using motorcycle oil in a bike?  How about for 
> example our older bikes that were made before the age of motorcycle oils. I 
> have one bike  (a GS1000) for example that says right on the filler cap 'SAE 
> 10 - 40'. Are newer bikes made to need motorcycle oil while older ones didn't 
> or is it just that technology has made it better for both newer and older 
> bikes (transmissions)?
>
>   On Jun 12, 2009, at 8:56 AM, Creative Residential Designs wrote:
>
>     I disagree Paul. You should use only motorcycle oil in your bike. 
> Automotive oils have silicon additives that cause trouble in a bike, 
> especially with the wet clutch (it will start to slip). Been there, done 
> that. I'm a convert now. HotrodMamma. (OH NO! Did I just buy into another oil 
> thread????)
>       ----- Original Message -----
>       From: Paul
>       To: [email protected]
>       Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 9:59 PM
>       Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Is it mandatory to use cycle oil? I 
> heard it was specially formulated. Also looking for a spark plug brand to use
>
>       Simple answer: NO...it is not mandatory for you to use motorcycle oil 
> in your bike. Some people highly recommend it, but a great majority of us do 
> NOT use oil specifically made for motorcycles.
>
>       Paul
>
>       On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 3:43 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>         I used to use regular automotive oil & never had a problem.
>
>          AutoZone is 2-blks away.  Honda dealer is 15-miles away.
>
>         I've put 4K on my NH since purchasing it in 9/08.  
>
>         I've used NGK plugs in the past.
>
>         Bosch Platinum plug's have worked great in my car.
>
>         Appreciate the feedback- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


      
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to