Heh!  You got that right!  In both worlds (4 wheelers, and 2 wheelers), 
this is a very religious discussion.  Personally, I change all my oil 
every 3000-4000 miles; 3 months; or before and after a track event (yep, 
both *before* and *after*).  I just follow the manufacturers 
recommendation on the weight.  That's about it!

Viggy

surfswab wrote:
> Discussions about motor oil rank right up there with politics and
> religion.  Everybody's got an opinion and they all stink.
> 
> Honda specifies "Honda 4-stroke oil or equivalent, API Service
> Classification: SF or SG, viscosity SAE 10w-40."  No mention of
> motorcycle-specific oil or synthetics.
> 
> I follow granddad's mantra -- use regular oil and change it every
> 3,000 miles or 3 months whichever comes first.  I'm a grandad now,
> too, and neither of us has ever had an oil-related engine failure.
> 
> So you can take that for whatever you reckon it's worth;
> 
> 

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to