Hi all I bought an 83 Nighthawk 750 back in March. The bike was the
83rd one off the assembly line in 83 and only has 20k miles on it. I
got it for a grand which I thought was a bargain. All that I have had
to do to it was change the battery, oil and tires. I absolutely love
my bike. I have been thinking about putting a cafe racer fairing on
the nose but that isn't what I am writing about. I would upload pics
but as I am fairly new to this group I haven't yet figured out how to
do that. I live in the Derby city,  Louisville where people have no
clue how to merge and it creates crazy amounts of traffic. I was on my
way back from Lexington and got stuck in traffic. Needless to say
going slowly the tranny got really hot. The hotter it got the less
clutch that I had. It got to the point that I didn't have a clutch. I
was having to shut it off and start it up with space because I was in
gear on startup. Once I got out of traffic and opened it up to 75-80
the tranny cooled down and my clutch came back. I remember reading
recently I think about someone having a similar problem. What causes
this? Can it be fixed or replaced? I was planning on taking a weekend
trip down through Tennessee into NC via "The Dragon" but I am
concerned with it heating up at low speeds. I would rather not be
halfway into it with a 150 curves left and lose the clutch.
Suggestions?

Thanks

Stephen Foster II

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to