Im a Huuge NH fan, Buuuuuuuuuuuuut...The Magna is VERY nice. I would try test riding them both to find which one has more comfort.....either way ya cant go wrong. You will definately appreciate the extra CCs regardless. I had a 1984 NH450...loved it, but you have graduated to the next level =)...I have a 700s, which I traded my 91 NH750 for....the 750 was much more comfortable especially for passengers.
On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Stumpi <[email protected]> wrote: > I love my 450, it is a fantastic commuter and learner bike and has > more than enough power for riding around town or country roads but I'm > finding more and more that the torque just isn't there for long > periods of slab riding. I changed the final drive ratio and that > helped but the other problem, as you can see from the picture, is that > I'm somewhat cramped on the bike. My leg position is a large part of > my problems with the seat. That in mind I've been shopping around for > my next machine. > > I've had my eye on a first gen V45 Magna for a while. I'm intrigued > by the V4 and the anti-brake-dive mechanism and I've really liked > having 6 gears. Water cooling is always a plus along with dual front > discs. I could give or take the shaft drive and the cam problem > doesn't bother me, I'm always up for tinkering and improving a > machine. I've had my heart set on one for a while. Then I'm going > into Napa the other day and one of the guys has a '92 750 Nighthawk > sitting right next to the door, I gave an involuntary Oooooooo. I > chatted with him for a bit and he also has a 700S but this thing is > his baby. Used Magna's and Nighthawks of their respective vintages go > for about the same so I'm somewhat torn. I'm sure I'll be getting > some bias from the Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers! group (:P) but I'm > curious to hear options on the two. > > Matt > > > http://16481440758028870596-a-g.googlegroups.com/web/Fool+_+Bike.jpg?gda=DOg4FEEAAAD2Sv5c1zlIsiHNALM79dzcWLIBXp8Uw0AEdDUBAFQWwOR6_cT6G33vEguQapNmWP9TCT_pCLcFTwcI3Sro5jAzlXFeCn-cdYleF-vtiGpWAA > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> > . > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en. > > -- Best Wishes,TonyQ -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
