I'm not sure a last gen 750 will be any more comfortable than what you
have now. It seems to be the consensus that 200-300 miles\day is about
the extent of what you can do on one comfortably. (Depending on your
pain tolerance)

On 7/23/10, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
> No surprise, but I owned 83 VF750, 86 VF500, 87 VFR700 (2). I am a big fan
> of Honda V45. The 83-85 were good, but in 86 and 87 they were better. Think
> my 83 had 43K miles when I sold it and I had an 85 Nighthawk at the same
> time. I rode the nighthawk more often, but always took the Interceptor on
> long rides.   Definitely worth a look.
> Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: stanley/ Randolph <[email protected]>
> Sender: [email protected]
> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:41:10
> To: <[email protected]>
> Reply-To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] So talk me into a 750
>
> I don't remember what years they were, but there were a few years back there
> that had serious top end problems.  Dennis H. wrote about it.  Not only
> that,
> parts for them are rare also.  Way back when I wanted one, but had a fresh
> wife
> and kid and little money.  Glad I didn't b/c saw them in the shop a lot when
> I
> went by to visit.
>
>  Stanley
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Kyle Munz <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Fri, July 23, 2010 3:51:19 PM
> Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] So talk me into a 750
>
> I don't want to upset the 750ers on this group, but I might go with the V45.
> All
> because of the sentence "I've had my heart set on one for a while." Get what
> your heart wants man. Or be like Graham and get both and another half dozen
> for
> good measure in each color available ;)
>
> -Kyle
>
>
>
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Stumpi <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I love my 450, it is a fantastic commuter and learner bike and has
>>more than enough power for riding around town or country roads but I'm
>>finding more and more that the torque just isn't there for long
>>periods of slab riding.  I changed the final drive ratio and that
>>helped but the other problem, as you can see from the picture, is that
>>I'm somewhat cramped on the bike.  My leg position is a large part of
>>my problems with the seat.  That in mind I've been shopping around for
>>my next machine.
>>
>>I've had my eye on a first gen V45 Magna for a while.  I'm intrigued
>>by the V4 and the anti-brake-dive mechanism and I've really liked
>>having 6 gears.  Water cooling is always a plus along with dual front
>>discs.  I could give or take the shaft drive and the cam problem
>>doesn't bother me, I'm always up for tinkering and improving a
>>machine.  I've had my heart set on one for a while.  Then I'm going
>>into Napa the other day and one of the guys has a '92 750 Nighthawk
>>sitting right next to the door, I gave an involuntary Oooooooo.  I
>>chatted with him for a bit and he also has a 700S but this thing is
>>his baby.  Used Magna's and Nighthawks of their respective vintages go
>>for about the same so I'm somewhat torn.  I'm sure I'll be getting
>>some bias from the Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers! group (:P) but I'm
>>curious to hear options on the two.
>>
>>Matt
>>
>>http://16481440758028870596-a-g.googlegroups.com/web/Fool+_+Bike.jpg?gda=DOg4FEEAAAD2Sv5c1zlIsiHNALM79dzcWLIBXp8Uw0AEdDUBAFQWwOR6_cT6G33vEguQapNmWP9TCT_pCLcFTwcI3Sro5jAzlXFeCn-cdYleF-vtiGpWAA
>>
>>
>>--
>>You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>>"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>>To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>>[email protected].
>>For more options, visit this group at
>>http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>>
>>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
>

-- 
Sent from my mobile device

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to