A lot of us on this forum us the Slipstreamer Spitfire as our daily
windshield on the 750's.  Search for Slipstreamer Spitfire on eBay.  Should
cost you around $70.  The 750 has 7/8 handle bar's, you'll need to know the
size of the 250 before ordering.

It's not that big but does a really great job of deflecting the wind and
will never be a sail.  I don't think I'd go much larger on a 250.  I once
had a huge windshield on an ST1100 (came on the bike used) and it was a
major sail.  Riding in 25 to 35 mph cross winds was one of the scariest
moments of my list.  I lost count of the number of times I thought I was
going to crash in the 20ish miles I had to deal with that wind.  I switched
to a stock windshield and it no longer has the problem.