I would say it depends. I left Comcast and moved to AT&T ADSL about a year
ago and have been very happy. I left because Comcast service in my
neighborhood had gotten to a point where I was loosing service every 3-4
weeks. The final kick for me was when I called to report an outage and the
automated system told me that they had too many calls and instead of giving
me an option to wait on hold just hung up. So far I have not experiences
AT&T's support after one little install issue and that is really what I
want. the one support call was quick and courteous. I personally believe
phone companies do a better job of keeping service up and working than the
cable companies do.

Having said that if you are not having trouble with Comcast it may be better
to just stick with Comcast if you can get them to reduce your rates. After
all there is no guarantee that you won't bee one of the lucky DSL customers
that has problems every time it rains or has some other type of odd behavior
from time to time. I've been lucky but not everyone is.

As for speed I have 6meg and for anything but large downloads I really can't
tell the difference between DSL and Cable. If you live in a particularly
active neighborhood the bandwidth bottleneck being at the CO instead of your
local neighborhood (the old cable is a shared pipe argument) can at least in
theory make DSL faster during peek times.

When I first got DSL I had issues with streaming content being choppy and I
called support. They had to send a line tech to do something or other and
since then it has been great. If I remember correctly line noise was causing
a lot of lost/corrupt packets but I could be wrong. A year has passed and
much like when I talk to my users I assume the AT&T techs try to simplify
things for me the idiot end user.