I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation and was excited about trying a 
couple of distros that I wasn't aware of before.  Now that I've tried to 
install 64Studio, Ubuntu Studio, and Musix I'm just about pissed off.

Could not check the integrity of the disk with any the 64Studio 
versions, something about "not a valid debian distro."

64Studio 2.1 - would not install.  Kept failing at the installation of 
tetex-bin.

64Studio 3.0 beta - would not install  Kept failing similarly to v2.1, 
but I forget the package name.

64Studio Live - too slow to be usable.  The biggest issue that kept me 
from actually trying it was that the mouse speed was too slow to be 
usable even at the fastest setting.  Probably something simple, but by 
this point, I was too irritated to figure it out.  Also, couldn't 
install from the Live CD.

Ubuntu Studio - I was able to check the media but I still got "failed to 
determine the codename for the release" which prevented the installation 
of the base system.

Musix - installed, but couldn't get the screen resolution higher than 
800x600, it didn't recognize the correct screen size.

[sigh]  I'm more than willing to admit that the issues could be due to 
my ignorance and/or incompetence, but surely ALL these issues can't be 
"me"... or can they?

I'm going to try to install 64Studio from a USB drive next, but it might 
be a few days.  Or maybe I'll just stick with Mandriva and install all 
the relevant audio packages.

Has anyone else had similar issues with any of these distro's??

Thanks!

JMJ

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to