JMJ wrote:
> I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation and was excited about trying a 
> couple of distros that I wasn't aware of before.  Now that I've tried to 
> install 64Studio, Ubuntu Studio, and Musix I'm just about pissed off.

After so many different things break, I start asking if the underlying 
hardware is the issue.  Is the target computer a known good computer 
that heretofore was running "whatever distro" with few problems?

<snip>

> [sigh]  I'm more than willing to admit that the issues could be due to 
> my ignorance and/or incompetence, but surely ALL these issues can't be 
> "me"... or can they?
> 
> I'm going to try to install 64Studio from a USB drive next, but it might 
> be a few days.  Or maybe I'll just stick with Mandriva and install all 
> the relevant audio packages.
> 
> Has anyone else had similar issues with any of these distro's??
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> JMJ

It would be neat if you had the chance to bring your kit to the 
Installfest but I know that life happens...  We will be there for just 
such an challenge (and I know Joey knows that).

Howard

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to