Howard White wrote:
> I start asking if the underlying hardware is the issue. 

Now that I've vented my frustrations, I'm think that it's some sort of 
intermittent hardware issue, probably involving the CD drive.

The thing that puzzled me was that both 64studio versions consistently 
failed at the same point, though it was a different package for each 
version.  That's what made me think it was a software issue.

Did you get 64studio installed via a DVD?

> Is the target computer a known good computer 
> that heretofore was running "whatever distro" with few problems?

I've had Kubuntu running on this laptop, and I'm using another hard 
drive to mess around with these installs.  It's a few years old and 
probably has seen its share of abuse, but generally functions "OK."

> It would be neat if you had the chance to bring your kit to the 
> Installfest 

Yeah, I'd definitely bring this to an installfest, but I'll probably be 
out of town.

Hey, look, it's the Ubuntu Studio log-in screen.  LOL  I guess I'll give 
that a shot.  Geez, now I have to get used to Gnome.

JMJ

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to