On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 10:14 PM, Kelly Brown <[email protected]> wrote:

> Are these programs that you're going to write?
>
> You shouldn't need to pay for software to do this libdbd should work fine.
>  There's all kinds of examples on the web of perl code that talks to mysql
> with freely available drivers.  Perhaps if you explain a little more what
> these programs do...
>
> http://sql-info.de/mysql/examples/Perl-DBI-examples.html
>
> -K


Yes, these are programs I am writing.  They work fine under Windows with an
ODBC connection.  I am wanting to be able to run them under both Windows and
Linux, so I can work on whichever platform I want to.

My investigation uncovered that Sybase may be interchangeable.  Yes, there
is a DBD-Sybase module.

A slight complication, I want to use Komodo to debug, and it wants
ActivePerl.  They don't have a DBD-Sybase module precompiled.  Normally this
means there is a problem.

I tried to compile the module is looking for Sybase lib and include files...
 There are free Sybase products for Linux, but I don't know if they will
provide what I need.

Paul Boniol

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en

Reply via email to