On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 5:43 AM, Paul Boniol <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> FreeTDS wasn't as bad as the FAQ made out to get installed and working.  If
> you live in the GUI, the warnings might be slightly appropriate.  If you
> know what "configure, make, make install" means, then it's easy.
>
> Thank goodness I shouldn't need DBD::Sybase. I just saw the missing
> features list if you use it with FreeTDS.  Almost all the programs I have
> (lots) use the ?-style placeholder which is not supported.
>
> One thing I'm still not seeing, a way to specify a default database for
> each FreeTDS ODBC server.  It says for Sybase SQL Anywhere the database's
> name must be dataserver's name.  The "instance" parameter didn't sound
> exactly like it, and specifying it, FreeTDS didn't connect.  Any idea on
> specifying by server what the default database name is?
>
> Paul Boniol
>

Well duh, configuring unixODBC is how you specify the DSN and database name.
 But I've obviously still got a config problem somewhere.

I've tried via ODBCConfig with system DSNs, and odbcinst -i -s -f filename
for user DSN's.  Both as the documentation says, but I'm obviously missing
something because

tsql -S mycon  -U username    - prompts for password and SQL statements work
as expected; so FreeTSD appears to be working fine.

odbcinst -q mydsn     reports "Invalid Object"

isql mydsn username    reports [ISQL]Error: Could not SQLConnect

Is there some command to let unixODBC know there are changes?  I would have
thought ODBCConfig or the documentation would have done it if there was.  I
must be missing something here.

Paul Boniol

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en

Reply via email to