On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Paul Boniol <[email protected]> wrote:

> Basically I'm up to configuring ODBC on Linux now.  (Perl I've had working
> with error messages on all connect/prepare/execute/etc. calls for a few
> years.)
>
> FreeTDS (on Linux) is connecting and executing queries just fine.
>
> It appears to be some problem with unixODBC remembering (or thinking about)
> DSN's that I've told it about.  (The behavior is like changing a config file
> but not rebooting a service, so it's still operating under the previous
> config.  But I've even rebooted Linux, so that's not it.)
>
> I've double checked my spelling of everything.  I've done user DSN's,
> system DSN's, manual config, tool config.  I haven't tried setting up "ODBC
> only" config, but that's what I'm trying next.
>

Paul,
  You might also try passing the full connect information in Perl rather
than trying to rely on the ODBC subsystem to supply it.  I know it is better
the other way but at least this would be a good test.

Andy

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NLUG" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nlug-talk?hl=en

Reply via email to