I've used AWS, GCP, DigitalOcean, and dreamhost.  I don't know your needs
exactly, but I would think a small site would be pretty easy to run off AWS
Lightsail, and it's only like 6 bucks a month. I really like DigitalOcean,
and if you just want a cheap shell or want to create a site to play with,
it's great for that and cheap ($5/month).  However, if I was going to be
running an user facing site, I would probably pick AWS or GCP instead.

check out this article.  It does appear that lightsail supports joomla:
https://geekflare.com/lightsail-hosting-joomla/