Scott Blachowicz writes:
: On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 03:35:54PM +0100, Iain MacDonnell wrote:
: >
: > Eww, adding sequences could get complex. Whilst I suppose it might be nice
: > for some, do we really need it?
:
: I would think so...for my part, I use the "unseen" sequence a lot.

Yeah, but unseen is a special case - IMAP has the concept of unseen messages
too, so you'd want to implement that, rather than making your unseen messages
appear to be a sub-folder.

:  I also have a "picks" script:
:
:       #!/bin/sh
:       pick -seq picked ${1+"$@"} && scan picked
:
: that I use a lot to do things like:
:
:       picks -subj IMAP
:
: then if I'm not interested in them, I can 'rmm' them all at once or
: 'refile' them or whatever by sequence name.

Uh huh, me too ... but you could still do that - I'm just saying that an
IMAP imeplementation could ignore sequences except for "unseen".

    ~Iain