On Jan 6, 2009, at 10:59 AM, ciara belle wrote:

> - Ok - i found the zzzz in the import file -- very weird that quicken
> did that - only on the categories w/ sub categories... i suppose i
> could take them out manually...

Ciara,

I found some very weird stuff in my multi-year Quicken exports.

> - regarding w2 - sorry i just don't trust paystubs... :D -- maybe
> after i have been here a few years i will -- regarding filing early -
> i meant 'the day' its allowed... i believe that's april 15 here... its
> at the end of feb in canada if i remember correctly - basically i will
> always want to track that info myself. -- again this is an issue for
> me with other stuff to-- ie splitting my net walmart bill -- i have no
> choice over it showing me 10 lines all the splits.. i would like to
> 'hide' the splits... completely - not just their amounts... so that
> there are less lines of transaction data on the screen.

You actually can hide them. Hold down the Option key while clicking
the View menu. :)

> - regarding bucket - i was definately going to reduce them - but i
> wanted to merge - not delete -- so that linked transactions in one
> bucket can be associated with the new bucket... unforutnately quicken
> exports Empty categories also - which is dumb...

You can also use the Option key to merge buckets. Hold it down as you
drop one bucket onto another and you will be asked if you want to
merge them.

Peace,

Kevin Hoctor
ke...@nothirst.com