Michael,

If I understand you correctly, I think that you would want to set the
allocation for 1st Half.  This will ensure that when you want to
allocate on the 1st of the month, all your money will be allocated in
the 1st half (which is the half that you're in on the 1st of the
month).  I hope this makes sense.

If you were to select second half on all of your buckets, they would
not be allocated unless you selected Allocate Income sometime during
the second half of the month.

Grace to you,
Blair