> If you were to select second half on all of your buckets, they would
> not be allocated unless you selected Allocate Income sometime during
> the second half of the month.

To clarify, you in fact can select a second-half allocation during the
first half of the month (on the Allocate Income panel). However,
changing all of your buckets to First Half allocation would take
advantage of automatic behavior.

> I would have thought the same, but Kevin and Drew are saying that as
> the buckets are set to all month, the setting should be the second
> half. I will try next month. I have no more money to allocate :-(

Both approaches are valid. However, I prefer to consider the timing of
buckets and of allocation separately, much as the program does.
Besides forcing a deliberate consideration of my buckets, this offers
me a degree of flexibility. At any time, I could seamlessly transition
to allocating twice a month. If, for example, I were to change to a
job that paid semi-monthly, then there would be no need to change the
timing of buckets, as I had already set those to a mix of first/second/
all.

//Drew