Hi Alan,

sorry to answer that later.

1.4.0-incubating does not support a custom local repository path. It uses the
setting inconsequently and still tries to generate an npanday-settings.xml-file
in ~/.m2

Brett Porter has fixed this (according to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NPANDAY-284) for
1.4.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT, which you can retrieve from here:

http://vmbuild.apache.org/archiva/repository/npanday-snapshots

1.4.1-incubating will be released shortly.

_
Lars