OK, so possibly the missing settings file is a red herring.

The original email I sent on Friday lists the problem I'm having when I run
'mvn clean install'.

In short, I get the following...

Snip...

[WARNING] NPANDAY-102-001: No NPanday settings available. Using Defaults.
[INFO] NPANDAY-066-016: Did not find executable path, will try system path
[WARNING] NPANDAY-070-004: Did not find path for xsd in [] [INFO] 'xsd' is not
recognized as an internal or external command, [INFO] operable program or batch
file.
[WARNING] NPANDAY-070-004: Did not find path for xsd in [] ...
...more stuff

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.npanday.plugins:maven-xsd-plugin:1.4.0
-incubating:xsd (default) on project NPanday.Model.Pom: NPANDAY-1400-000:
Unable  to execute xsd: Vendor null, frameworkVersion = 2.0.50727, Profile =
XSD:SCHEMA

Notice that above the Vendor is set to null.  I assume this is a symptom of not
being able to resolve the path to the framework.

/snip...

-Alan-