On 13/12/2011, at 3:10 AM, Baldwin, Alan (Pfaeffikon) wrote:

> OK, so possibly the missing settings file is a red herring.

Not necessarily - I didn't read the first message again to see your error
message. Without the right things in your path, you should be getting a
npanday-settings.xml, so we're back to the original problem.

> The original email I sent on Friday lists the problem I'm having when I run
> 'mvn clean install'.
>
> In short, I get the following...
>
> Snip...
>
> [WARNING] NPANDAY-102-001: No NPanday settings available. Using Defaults.
> [INFO] NPANDAY-066-016: Did not find executable path, will try system path
> [WARNING] NPANDAY-070-004: Did not find path for xsd in [] [INFO] 'xsd' is
> not recognized as an internal or external command, [INFO] operable program or
> batch file.
> [WARNING] NPANDAY-070-004: Did not find path for xsd in [] ...
> ...more stuff
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.npanday.plugins:maven-xsd-plugin:1.4.0
> -incubating:xsd (default) on project NPanday.Model.Pom: NPANDAY-1400-000:
> Unable  to execute xsd: Vendor null, frameworkVersion = 2.0.50727, Profile =
> XSD:SCHEMA
>
> Notice that above the Vendor is set to null.  I assume this is a symptom of
> not being able to resolve the path to the framework.

The easiest workaround (which is what is in the documentation at the moment) is
to make sure the PATH contains all those tools. This can be done with "visual
studio command prompt" or "windows sdk command prompt" most easily, or pasted
from there. As Lars notes, we're gradually working on smoothing this out.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
br...@apache.org