From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of NuPwrSoul
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:01 AM
To: npny@lists.panix.com; thebumpsquad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: NPNY: For the Prince historians...

I'm just curious what longtimers (and newcomers with a good knowledge of P
history) think about the current state of affairs in all things Paisley?

The over 1 year build up of promotions for an album (3121) that debuts at
Number 1, right after which Prince drops all promotional efforts for the most
part.  The sporadic touring as a back up band member for a protege whose record
may never be released.  The weird last minute choices for tv appearances,
expensive one-off or two-off Vegas concerts, limited access venues (with less
than 100 tix avail), and then of course the site shutdown.

All of this while the personal life is apparently in a tailspin too--both
houses the Purple One and the one on Galpin bulldozed, setting up shop in
Hollywood, celeb parties for people who go to say they were there rather than
hear good music, and of course the divorce...

And then the rumors:  a tour in the fall?  Greece in September.  No tour in the
fall.  No tour of 3121.  A tour in '07?  Superbowl Halftime?  Australia?

Is there a precedent for this in Prince's history?  I'm just trying, like most
of you probably, to figure out what in the world is going on.  I know dude is
unpredictable but whoa!

In the context of Prince history, where would you put this current situation?
What would you call it?

It's really really been strange--Musicology 2004 reflected some of his best
planned, calculated, well executed promotional efforts in
decades!  And the results were just as stellar.   Then two years
later--it's sooo random, so last minute, and so seemingly unsuccessful.

<Moderator: I call it "Insanity years" :-P. Last time I can recall things being
crazy like this was when he first got on the net and started suing his fans and
calling them "bootlegers" without looking at what actual content was on there
sites.

Its seems like every 2 years things get flipped upside down, shoke up and
dismantled..   -Derek>