On 18 Aug 2009, bri...@aol.com wrote:

> Margaret has spellt it out perfectly for you.

Thanks to everyone who helped.

?? My "Word"? and "Open
> Office" have all of the accents for the vowels but I have not found a
> way to access them for e-mail.? I

I have access to the necessary through Word, but no, the emailer
doesn't do it.

> the "Ganglats" are definitely "Walking Music"
> .???Years ago,?when I was in UK I took 3 of the tunes, including the
> "Ganglat fran Appelbo" ?along to a session at the Sun Inn, and? talked
> a bit about this "Walking Music", however, as soon as the tune had
> been played a couple of times, someone said, "Oh, we know this tune,
> we call it the "Appleblossom Polka"?and we play it like this," ?and
> promptly galloped through it.

I remember, I was there. Shortly afterwards we were visited by a
Swedish lady who was also horrified at the speed at which we played
them.
Stockholmslaten is already in tunebook 3, but Appelbolaten does also
come up at intervals so I thought I'd put it in the upcoming folio.
Maybe we can get it back to its "Swedish" speed - we'll have to see.

Thanks again
Julia