     From: Julia Say <julia....@nspipes.co.uk>
     Subject: [NSP] Re: Tune title spelling
     To: nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu
     Date: Wednesday, 19 August, 2009, 8:39 AM

   On 18 Aug 2009, [2]bri...@aol.com wrote:
   > Margaret has spellt it out perfectly for you.
   Thanks to everyone who helped.
   ?? My "Word"? and "Open
   > Office" have all of the accents for the vowels but I have not found a
   > way to access them for e-mail.? I
   I have access to the necessary through Word, but no, the emailer
   doesn't do it.
   > the "Ganglats" are definitely "Walking Music"
   > .???Years ago,?when I was in UK I took 3 of the tunes, including the
   > "Ganglat fran Appelbo" ?along to a session at the Sun Inn, and?
   talked
   > a bit about this "Walking Music", however, as soon as the tune had
   > been played a couple of times, someone said, "Oh, we know this tune,
   > we call it the "Appleblossom Polka"?and we play it like this," ?and
   > promptly galloped through it.
   I remember, I was there. Shortly afterwards we were visited by a
   Swedish lady who was also horrified at the speed at which we played
   them.
   Stockholmslaten is already in tunebook 3, but Appelbolaten does also
   come up at intervals so I thought I'd put it in the upcoming folio.
   Maybe we can get it back to its "Swedish" speed - we'll have to see.
   Thanks again
   Julia