On 28 Jan 2010, Anita Evans wrote:

>  I have a feeling you somehow inflate the carcass
> (while still warm) to separate the skin from the innards and then pull
> it all out, possibly through the rear end?

Aren't those E. European pipes which I tend to associate with Dirk Campbell
generally tied off at the end of each limb, and at the back end of the bag?
This
would mean that the extraction hole at the back could be enlarged to allow the
easier passage of the unwanted bits of sheep / goat?? And then tied off again
later.

Why have I suddenly (and inexplicably?) become even more grateful to Jackie
Boyce......
and to those fates that decreed I was going to play a different type!!

Julia