On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 10:48 PM, Peter Münster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17 2008, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
> > After nearly one and a helf years and 2 major revisions I have
> > nearly finished my module and would will make it now available
> > also to other users. But before I make my last stable version
> > online I want to discuss a few points with interested users.
>
> Hello Wolfgang,
>
> Already in advance: thank you very much!  With such a module, I can finally
> forget really all about LaTeX. Sometimes I still use scrlttr2.cls and at
> these moments I swear to write a letter module one day. Now I know, that I
> won't need to do this difficult (for me) task.

You're free to your own interface for the module, i.e. it is possible
to change the way to change the user interface. I provide besides
my default interface also one to use the one from Donald Knuth in
the TeXBook and also the interface from Hans Hagens m-letter.

> > Before I start to give you information about my module and
> > give you the chance to mention your own wishes or thoughts
> > about the inteface I'm interested what do you use currently to
> > write you own correspondence (letter, invoices etc.).
>
> First, I used lettre.cls (LaTeX class). It has one really great feature:
> the vertical spaces are recalculated at every pass, in order to get a last
> page filled at least to 50%. Without this, you can easily get a second page
> with only the closing and the signature.
>
> Then, for some reason that I forgot, I switched to scrlttr2.cls. And I
> patched it to get the same minimum-50%-feature. Unfortunately, this patch is
> no more working with recent versions of scrlttr2...
> (-> http://pmrb.free.fr/work/OS/LaTeX/lettre.lco )
>
> I would welcome such a feature in your module!

I dont't have such a feature in the module I find it interesting.

Page breaks before the signature can still happen at the moment
because I hadn't done anything against this problem but it is on
my Todo list.

Wolfgang