On Fri, Apr 18 2008, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> > Then, for some reason that I forgot, I switched to scrlttr2.cls. And I
> > patched it to get the same minimum-50%-feature. Unfortunately, this patch is
> > no more working with recent versions of scrlttr2...
> > (-> http://pmrb.free.fr/work/OS/LaTeX/lettre.lco )
> >
> > I would welcome such a feature in your module!
>
> I dont't have such a feature in the module I find it interesting.
>
> Page breaks before the signature can still happen at the moment
> because I hadn't done anything against this problem but it is on
> my Todo list.

I don't know, if lettre.lco is readable for you, so here the idea in
clear-text:
- some vertical spaces (for example around the opening, between paragraphs,
  around the subject line, etc) can be decreased or increased by a global
  stretch-value (called "tension" in my file)
- at the first texexec run, this value has to be reset to 0
- if the last page gets filled to <50%, then trigger a next texexec-run,
  with a decremented stretch-value for a filling <25% and an incremented
  value for a filling >25%, until the last page is filled to >50%.

I think, there is already a command like \savetwopassdata or similar, so it
should be easy with ConTeXt. If you want, I can try to integrate this
feature after your public release.

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/