Hi,

Taco and I have decided to release a beta now. Officially there should have been a current end of december but there were too many things going on at the mkiv/luatex end to make that happen. Most changes concern mkiv anyway as we've kind of frozen mkii. Also, due to the number of changes in the lua code making a diff now would take too much time and not gain much.

The next current will be in the second half of februari. Before that we will have a series of alphas that use the new structure related code. They're alpha because for a while there might be some compatibility issues (solving them depends in testers noticing them).

This is also the first big deviation between mkii and mkiv, since it opens up the way to new functionality.