On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Taco and I have decided to release a beta now. Officially there should have
> been a current end of december but there were too many things going on at
> the mkiv/luatex end to make that happen. Most changes concern mkiv anyway as
> we've kind of frozen mkii. Also, due to the number of changes in the lua
> code making a diff now would take too much time and not gain much.
>
> The next current will be in the second half of februari. Before that we will
> have a series of alphas that use the new structure related code. They're
> alpha because for a while there might be some compatibility issues (solving
> them depends in testers noticing them).
>
> This is also the first big deviation between mkii and mkiv, since it opens
> up the way to new functionality.

OK, I have removed the lock in minimals, so the beta in minimals
reflects the state on your site again. The current version is "the old
patched beta" since the official current version doesn't work with the
latest luatex.

In theory one should not need to use luatools --selfupdate any more
when switching to older or newer versions of ConTeXt with mtx-update
(first-setup), but I would like to fix that in a slightly different
way one day.

Three less common platforms still lack tha latest luatex. (If that
includes your platform and you would like to use it, you can send me a
new binary.)

Mojca