On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Mojca Miklavec <
mojca.miklavec.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> yes, will be done (we use it here in workflows with massive amounts of
> >> conversions, auto downsampling, etc)
> >
> > If I understand well, pstopdf uses ghostscript .
> > "luafication" will use ghostscript again ?
>

> Unless Hans rewrites the whole GS interpreter ... yes.
>

> The problem is that current pstopdf doesn't work reliably for me (no
> way to do EPSCrop, sometimes wrong paper orientation, the graphic
> missing completely ...),

hmm strange -- do you have an example ?
By defautl gs choose rotation studying dominant text orientation on current
page; cfr Setting page orientation
in Ps2pdf.htm
There is an option in pstopdf -dAutoRotatePages=/None .

so I usually stick to ps2pdf (perl or shell,
> I think)

A wrapper shell around gs

There is also pstill
http://www.wizards.de/~frank/pstill.html