2010/1/18 Alan BRASLAU <alan.bras...@cea.fr>:
> I have very mixed feelings, as I know how to type ...
> but I never can recall the keyboard gymnastics necessary
> to get this in unicode.
> (Things are even worse on a Mac, as the standard keyboard
> layout is missing lots of important characters.)

At least with German key layouts I get a lot more characters on the
Mac than on Windows.
Otherwise just design your own (or expand your French? one) with
"Ukelele": http://scripts.sil.org/Ukelele

Because the standard German key layout gives access to accented vowels
using dead keys, but not to e.g. eastern European accented consonants,
and I don't like to learn Dvorak or Neo, I made my own. But there are
some ready-made ones around, too, e.g.
http://freenet-homepage.de/lutz_mader/keyboards.html

I don't miss the old TeX "ligatures".

Greetlings, Hraban