On Sat, 10 Jul 2010, Michael Talbot-Wilson wrote:

Oh, yes.  May have a look at MkII.  But does it use LuaTeX?  The
possibility of easy macros in Lua rather than difficult macros in TeX
would be one attraction of ConTeXt.  Maybe Eplain LuaTeX is what I
need.

Let me correct that.  Confused ravings.  I was really looking for (1)
font management making it easier to install new and unusual fonts
without delving up to my armpits in tfm, pk, whatever, (2) something
with Metapost more integrated, allowing easy placement of vector
graphics in the document and allowing them to be defined within the
document text file.

It seemed momentarily that ConTeXt might be one way, and since there
was an old version called MkII and a new version called MkIV, that
MkIV was a sane place to start.