On 12/14/2010 02:06 PM, Verhaag, G.C.H.M. wrote:
Marco Pessotto wrote:

Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.li...@gmail.com> writes:

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 11:53, Verhaag, G.C.H.M. wrote:

Hi,

I've put the ttf-file into the texmf-fonts/fonts/data directory,
without the
subdirectories, right?

You either have to put the font into
texmf-fonts/fonts/truetype/anywhere
or
texmf-fonts/fonts/data/anywhere

(You can use texmf-fonts, texmf-local, I think that also ~/texmf
would work.)

The first folder fonts/truetype is appropriate for TrueType fonts only
and is a more general location inside TDS (valid for other
distributions as well). Any font-related file may go to fonts/data.

You forgot the "fonts" subfolder in your earlier message.

Mojca

Try this sequece:

copy the .ttf in <contextroot>/tex/texmf-fonts/fonts/truetype/anywhere

mktexlsr

mtxrun --script fonts --reload

context --generate

and finally check with

mtxrun --script font --list if it appears in the list

In my experience (i.e., if i recall correctly) mktexlsr is needed even
if you use only mkiv.

Bests

Hi,

Well I've put my ttf into: texmf-fonts/fonts/data, and entered the
following sequence of commands:

mktexlsr

mtxrun --scripts fonts --reload

context --generate

Then I checked using the following command:

mtxrun --script fonts --list --all --pattern=*snow*

which yielded the following output:

plymouthrocksnowdusted plymouthrocksnowdusted PlymouthSnowDusted.ttf
plymouthrocksnowdustednormal plymouthrocksnowdusted PlymouthSnowDusted.ttf

So this seams to be okay!

Next I used the proposed context file:

\definefont[snowdust][file:snowdusted*default]
\starttext
\snowdust SnowDusted
\stoptext

This however gives the following output (only part of it!):
bodyfont : 12pt rm is loaded
language : language en is active
systems : begin file test at line 2
define fonts > font with name snowdusted is not found
define fonts > unknown font snowdusted, loading aborted
define fonts > unable to define snowdusted as \**snowdust**
pages > flushing realpage 1, userpage 1, subpage 1
systems : end file test at line 4
system : cont-err loaded

What does the file-parameter do? I'm somehow lost now, sorry!

The file: tries to find a font by file name. In your case,
it fails because the font is not called 'snowdusted.ttf',
it is 'plymouthsnowdusted.ttf' (the filename is lowercased
automatically). So,

  \definefont[snowdust][file:plymouthsnowdusted*default]

should work

Best wishes,
Taco