Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

Am 2010-12-13 um 15:21 schrieb Verhaag, G.C.H.M.:

I use the latest ConTeXt MkIV version on a Linux (kernel 2.4) based PC; so I use LuaTeX!

Good, that's most easy for fonts.

I understand that I don't need to use texfont when using ttf-fonts, with this version of ConTeXt.

Right.

But still need to write the proper typescripts, right?

Not if you use the simplefonts module (except you have a unregular font family) or someone else already wrote them ;-)

Does the same apply to opentype fonts?

Yes.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban

Hi,

Thanks for the tips! But now a real example. I've downloaded a font file called:

PlymouthRock 'SnowDusted'.ttf,

(Just a nice font to write Christmas cards; view it with Konqueror!)

and put it into texmf-fonts/tex/truetype/plymouthrock/snowdusted directory.

But what to do next is unclear to me!

Frankly speaking, fonts are a very delicate and tricky aspect of TeX, which I've never understood, despite all the available documentation, sorry!

Regards,
Gerard Verhaag